Ashtanga Yoga is 99% practice and 1% theory. In this talk, we will know the most important theory to strengthen yogic practices and get to know the principles and the system of an excellent and scientific Yoga system – “Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga” as taught by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois in Mysore, India.
Our speaker, Yogesh Saini is Level 2 KPJAYI authorized, an expert teacher and a dedicated practitioner. He will share his expertise with us that will enable us to deepen our yogic practices and will be motivating to the people who want to take the practice of Ashtanga Yoga. Know more about Yogesh Saini here: http://yogeshyoga.com/about_me.htm
Topic of the talk “Let’s talk about Ashtanga Yoga
- Intro: – about Ashtanga Yoga
- Tradition: – In Mysore India, e.g. morning practice, moon days, ladies holidays, one day rest, Monday primary, led and primary classes
- Practice: – Starting and Finishing Mantra, Standing und Finishing sequence. Primary (Chikitsa Paddhati) series, secondary=(Nadi Shodhan) series etc. 99% practice and 1% theory
- 8 Limbs: – Yam (Ahimsa, Satya, Asteya, Brahmacharya, Aparigraha) Niyam (Shauch, Santosh, Tap, Swadhyay, Ishwar Pranidhan), Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, dharna dyana, Samadhi.
- System: – Kram Sankya, Vinyasa, Drishti, Bandhas and Starting – Finishing sequence.
- Philosophy behind the practice: cure and stabilize the body and the mind.
- Discipline: Asana by Asana, Regular Practice, injuries, healing,
- Sanskrit: A common language all over the world in Yoga e.g. Latin in Medicine.
- Parampara: Guru Shishya relationship.
Ticket per person: Normal: €20,- | Students, dependents and under 18 years: €15,-
Entry: 18:15 | 90 mins talk with a 15 mins pause. | 30 mins discussion and QA | Networking with vegetarian snacks and Tea.
We look forward bringing together the Yoga community of Heidelberg and Rhein-Neckar-Kreis, who want to deepen their practice and share their expertise. We look forward seeing you soon on the 22.07.2017. Please confirm your place with a RSVP via email to email@example.com or filling our guest list form: https://goo.gl/forms/IerR0oeK0NO8MXE72